Friday, April 21, 2006


Welcome! I thought I would start my own blog, after seeing tanya and Bob's blog site. It was SO great! Rachael told me about it. We were talking on messenger about Tanya and she said, you can see how she's doing! So she sent me the link and the rest was history!!Life has been great here in Edmonton that last couple years! Brian is working at Sleep Country Canada-He LOVES it! And I've been staying at home with the girls, Haley (7), Emily (5) and Ally(allison) (4). We go to a GREAT church here in Edmonton- Church on 99. If you ever are in the area you HAVE to check it out! This is the BEST church that I have ever been to, and that INCLUDING Peter Youngren's church in Ontario! The reason is that EVERY time I go to church, There is something that comes STRAIGHT FROM GOD right to me. Every message! It's the coolest thing! (Maybe my heart is in a different place, more ready to hear than before, WHO KNOWS!!) We've been going for 3 1/2 years now and I've grown so much! Ever since we started going, I wanted to be on the worship team, but it just didn't work out.I tried so hard to make it work, but nothing that I could do could make it work. It was so hard for me, because I've always been involved in music. And I was used to the attention that you get when you're leading-every always says so much nice things to you, it's GREAT! Anyways, i had to come to grips that maybe, just maybe that it wasn't Gods timing. So I applied myself in other areas. They were starting a band for the children's church, so I started there. I lead praise and worship for the kids about once a month.Every year our church puts on a Christmas dinner theater, and i heard that they were having trouble finding volunteers. In fact, I was told that they needed some singers. So I phoned the lady, and told her that I could sing, and was willing to help. It worked out. It was so amazing to be on stage after not being for so long! I ran to the washroom after my first performance, just crying tears of joy and thanking God for letting me have another opportunity to sing again!! Pastor Dennis-who had never gone out of his way to talk to me before- said that "I had an amazing voice"(his words not mine!), and that they needed people for the worship team. I told him that I was committed to Kidzone right now, and he said that I would be better used in the main church.So that's how I got started. I've been singing on mics for a couple months now and loving it! Sorry for all the babble...It's just so exciting to know that you are in the place that God wants you to be. I have a quiet assurance that I don't have to feel insecure about my place in the worship team, because I didn't get there by myself, But GOD wants me there!I also started working at the church once a week- also an answer to prayer. I've always wanted to work there, and a couple weeks ago Pastor Lisa, the children's pastor, asked me if I would be willing to be her assistant. I said, OF COURSE!!! Our church is growing at such an alarming rate that they are needing to hire people. I'm only working temporary for a month, but i'm going to work so hard, that they will want to keep me on longer. I have lots of experience working in a church office, but no official schooling to show for it. I hope that I'll be able to show my talents and abilities.well.....blab...blab...blab I'm going to go...I feel like I've said too much already.

No comments: