Friday, April 09, 2010

Growing, stretching and everything in between

The last week has been an especially amazing week. Who would have thought that a year ago, that my pictures would have been shown to over a 1000 people in one place, and one of them being Mayor Stephen Mandel!! My friend Tamara, was asked to sing a song for the prayer breakfast and asked me to take pictures of the city and put it on a slide show! (will be on youtube hopefully soon) To top it all off...I booked my first wedding! My first REAL wedding! Reflecting today...I have grown so much since January. Here's a few things...

1) Confidence IS key! If you don't have confidence in yourself, people won't either- no matter how good my price is.

2) Advertising is like fishing-Sometimes you catch a little, sometimes you catch alot. The most important thing is that you're patient and DON'T quit. It's just a matter of when, not if- if you're in the place you should be.

3) If you under promise and then over deliver, you end up being the hero! I tell people 4 weeks at the most before they get their pictures and I usually process them in 2. I won't tell you REALLY how fast I can do them...but it's fast. :)

4) I can't go wrong with the Holy Spirit on my side. There have a been a couple photoshoots that I have prayed under my breath, asking God to help me when I'm scrambling for ideas, or all the ideas I had just didn't fit with the location or lighting. He is faithful - everytime, and when I go to process the pictures in front of computer, I realize that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. He also helped me through creating my powerpoint presentation- haven't worked with powerpoint ONCE in my life! And I put together a WHoLE slide show with music! (with help from Lorne - tamara's husband) I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

There's actually alot more, but I'll save them for another time.

No comments: