Thursday, July 15, 2010

When the cats away...the mice eat ice cream!

Well, I have the whole house to myself..well almost. It's just Allison and I. I like it, it's been a lot of fun, but since my life has been going way too fast in the last year, I haven't allowed myself to stop and take care of things around the house- and that's going to change! So here's a list of things that I do when it's just me.
  • I watch girly movies! I rented "Leap Year" with Amy Adams & Matthew Goode. I actually really liked it. I was going to watch it twice, but honestly, i have lots of work to do before brian and Haley come home on monday. Also watched Bounty hunter, but it wasn't so good. I kept getting distracted...that can't be good when you're watching a movie. Also, I have to add that Matthew Goode looks WAY better in the movie than in this poster.

  • I read! I don't know why, but I don't read when I have lots on my mind. I find that with each person I have at home there is more to think about. So I found when Emily went to stay with my mom, I could feel the stress go a little bit, and when brian and Haley went, my mind cleared a little more. And then i told Old Navy that I couldn't come in this week, cleared up ALOT more. funny how a 8 hour/wk job can do that to me! I also told the worship team at church that I wouldn't be able to help out for the summer. Man I do alot! Anyways, back to reading. I'm reading Sense & Sensiblity. Since I can actually concentrate on what I'm reading, I actually like it. The first few paragraphs a little confusing trying to figure out the difference between Mr. Dashwood, and Mr. John Dashwood, and remembering what his wife's name was. Though, Jane Austin does leave alot to the imagination. I can see why it must be hard to write a screenplay on one of these books, because she just skips so much, and where there could be so much more detail she just compounds it all into one boring sentence!

  • I bake! I've made brownies AND cupcakes! I bought all these baking mixes from Costco. Even though I didn't have the time to bake and use them I knew that I would one day! And that day finally came!
  • I go out for breakfast! That's one thing that Brian does not like to do is go out for breakfast. To him that's a waste, and that you shouldn't pay someone to make something that you could easily make yourself. That's true, but...to me it's so much more than that. It gives me a reason to get up and out of the house - especially when I have lots of stuff to do. Also, it's a great way to connect. Ally and I had fun talking about all kinds of stuff over chocolate chip pancakes at Denny's. (I had eggs benedict - not as good as I make it, but I didn't have to make it!)
  • I have girl nights! Yep, tomorrow, some of my friends are coming over and were going to watch MORE girl movies! and I'm feeding them my brownies and cupcakes :) My house is clean, so I don't feel bad.
  • I go out for ice cream! Tonight I took ally out for ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery. They have a new flavour - Green Tea! I wasn't sure, but I had a sample and it was delish! Not as harsh and bitter/dry? as the smoothies from Booster Juice (which I really like btw). It was really creamy and had a different taste. I paired it with strawberries and coconut. Ally got cotton candy ice cream with gummy bears. she's such a kid!
Anyways, I'm thinking about painting the downstairs bathroom before Brian gets home and do a couple projects that he hasn't got around to like putting new shelves in the hallway closet and may sprucing up the kitchen cupboards with an antique glaze. Right now they are cream, but I'm thinking of putting a chocolate brown glaze around the inside moulding for a new look. We'll see if I have enough time or not. Now off to put a little girl to bed and edit yet some more pictures.

No comments: