Thursday, April 07, 2011

Jesus loves Gays.

Ok, I was going to write about the End times, because that was what yesterday's reading was about, but I keep coming back to this in my writing, so I will let it run it's course.  So here it is.


 But this is not really related, but I have to say it.  I was watching Glee tonight and it was a rerun.  I was kind of excited about it, because it was about Jesus...well "grilled Cheesus", but then as the episode went on, it was written from the view that why wasn't God there when, this person's mom died, and why did God let this person's sister be born with down syndrome and why did God allow this one guy be "born gay" and all his "followers" (notice the quotations..) tell him that God didn't want anything to do with him if was gay.  It made me mad because this was written from someone who was obviously hurting, and didn't see when God was reaching out them.  People want all the answers and they want the now.

     But like a wise man I know once said, "...Maybe we are asking the wrong questions.  It's not why are all these bad things happening, but, 'what can I do to help?"'  I know that God created us perfect with no sin, and He gave man dominion over the world and handed it back to us to take care of it. God doesn't go back on his word and it has to run it's course.

WE let sin into the world and with it comes disease and suffering. 
WE are responsible for global warming - not God. 
WE are responsible for the garbage and all the plastic floating in the Ocean that is killing millions of birds - NOT God.  
We are responsible for killing millions of species by our selfishness and lack of concern for the environment - NOT God. 

    Sin is SO aweful, that it took drastic measures to deal with it.  Someone had to DIE, and THAT my friends, is why God sent Jesus.  He didn't create the mess and He certainly didn't have to clean it up, but He wanted to.  He was willing to clean up our mess knowing full well what was involved and He, Jesus lived his life fully aware with unwavering focus on what His life was about.   

We think we are so much more intelligent, but we are killing ourselves with all the chemicals and technology.  They come out with new medicine and then have to recall it because they find out 30 years later that it causes cancer.  Man, does not know everything.  It is hit and miss with us.  We have to use scientific method to get any sort of success - but God, HE just has to speak and there it is. He doesn't have to read up on how to use something, because He is the Creator-He created it.  Six days to create the world and one to rest - I think He did pretty good don't you?  We're still discovering some of the things He created.

Ok, back to persecution.  I just have one more thing to say on this, God loves gay people.  It's true.  His heart is so full of compassion for them.  It makes me mad when I hear of someone hating in the "name of God".  The term totally contradicts itself, because God is Love.  What is really happening is that a modern day Pharisee is hating on a Gay person - and that is not what Jesus stood for AT ALL.  He was in their face (pharisee's), and challenged them many times.  If Jesus was here today, He would be saying this....

"Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, 'Let me wash your face for you,' when your own face is distorted by contempt? It's this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor." Matthew 7:1-9




  So if you are gay and your reading this, seriously take another look at Jesus-the REAL Jesus.  Not what you've heard about Him, NOT what people have said - Find out for YOURSELF.  You will be pleasantly surprised.  I personally love the gay people that I've met -seriously.  I wish they weren't hurting so much-they are so broken inside. I wish I could take all the pain away, but I can't.  I know someone who can though. Jesus.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hmm a good post with lots to think about.

I know a lot of gay people too, and a lot of straight people, and I would have to say that percentage wise, I know a lot more hurting straight people than gay people. I don't think being gay actually adds to their pain - on the contrary, by coming out, being open with who they feel attracted to, they find freedom & peace.

I think I know what you are saying, Lynds, and I think you really are feeling a heart of compassion, the heart of God longing for His people who don't know Him as a loving God.

I have given a lot of thought & prayer into what I have chosen to think about this issue (and to be honest, I'm not 100% certain in my thoughts - they are a work in progress), and this is a bit of what I think.

I think that we would never think to judge a woman who is attracted to a man, for being attracted to that man.

I think we would never think to judge a man for being attracted to one woman, or 5 women, or even 100 (I'm talking about feeling attracted to - not agreeing with sleeping around), or even 1000.

So there are a large percentage of our population who do not feel sexual attraction for the opposite sex. For whatever reason, but scientific studies have shown both emotional & chemical factors to play a role in this. (I don't have any desire to debate this issue - google it, there are many explanations, and many are quite valid, so readers, hold on judgments - you don't "choose" whether you like the taste of ice cream when you taste it, you either like it or you don't, so no person should presume to say that gay people "choose" to feel attracted to a person of the same sex - that's as preposterous as saying that heterosexual people "choose" to be attracted to a person of the opposite sex!)

So without drawing any definitive conclusions/judments regarding "gays",

God is love. Any action or feeling that would seek harm on those who practise a different lifestyle than what we have found good for ourselves, is against the very core of what we claim to believe - that God is love.

And yes, Lyndsey, it makes me really angry too to think of how our God of Love can be viewed in any other way.

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

Yes, mbhome, that's why I didn't go into the whole debate on choosing to be gay or not, because there could be valid scientific reason why some gay people are just gay. I don't know.

But yes, it does make me sad with the way that God is represented by so-called "Christians". You can't choose who is worthy of love and respect and who isn't - just because they believe in something that you don't. Even Jesus understood that. He knew that there would be people that couldn't accept His message, but he respectfully let them walk away. He did however get frustrated with the people who spent so much time in scriptures and made their spiritual life a show and it was not authentic - the truth was all in their heads and hadn't reached their heart.

No I don't feel that being gay adds to their hurt either, just like I said the response from others.