Tuesday, June 16, 2009

what I've been up to lately....

Lately my life has been two categories...work, or recouperate from work. But, the fruits of my labour are to be seen! I have designed a website, and business cards (which are at the printers as we speak) and I have learned how to process Camera Raw! I was quite confident in my photography skills, till my friend teresa gave me some constructive criticism. She is a nurse, but her photography helped to put them through. She mainly does wedding photography. It was a little hard to hear it, mainly because it's from a friend, but I do want to get better- in fact I want to be the best. So I should land somewhere in the middle. Anyways, my ego is bruised a little, mainly because all I have been hearing is only good things - even from my photography friends. She gave me some compliments also, but for some reason all I can think about what wasn't good. oh well. I know she loves me.

Sunday I needed to get out of the house. It's been really depressing here, because truth be told, it pigsty! Full blown...mess. So I took the girls to Rundle park. I heard from someone that they had done a revamp and totally redid the playground, and they have man-made pond that the kids can swim in- it's actually a GREAT big mud puddle. I forgot about the mud puddle part, and the girls were in their play clothes, but I let them go in clothes and all. It was so hot. We later went for a walk by the river on the bike path. It got to be exciting for me when we found a narrow trail off the big path. Haley was NOT excited- she totally has her dad's sense of adventure. Emily on the other had was so happy- she was leading the pack and holding branches for everyone. She said that she wants to go there again.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I will be busy taking pictures all weekend. On Saturday, I'm shooting a family that brian plays baseball with. We are going to the park, and the Legislature Buildings. ANd then on Sunday, I'm taking pictures for the photography team. We are having our annual Father's Day show and shine. So I'll take a few pictures there, and then at night for the third service I'm exclusively covering the dirt bike races. I'm very excited! Not only am I going to taking pictures of the third service band, they are trusting me to cover a whole event! I hope I do good.

I got the first unit of my photography course in the mail today. I'm very excited. It looks like I won't have too much trouble with this unit - it basically covers composition. I feel pretty confident with that. And also a booklet on places that you can sell your photography! I'm VERY excited about that, but intimidated also. I was looking forward to seeing what my first photo assignment would be, but they sent me wrong one! They sent me unit four, instead of one!

Well, I hope this doesn't seem like "verbal diarreha" as my dad would say.

No comments: