Monday, June 08, 2009

I am one step closer to having my own website - my very own! This is kind of like my own, but it doesn't have my own name. I'm going to have my very own name! www.lgphotography.ca. I was hoping to have .com, but it was taken by some girl named linda gillings...grrr. I'm thankful though, because .ca seems more patriotic (which I am...to an extent). Last night I designed some pretty business cards. If you look on my other blog (http://lgphotographyca.blogspot.com/) you'll see the design I used. I actually made the banner for my blog first, and when I started doing the cards, I thought why not use the design that I just made?! It brightened up my blog a whole lot. It was just rosy-browns (which I love!), but too much starts to look dismal. Brian gave his seal of approval, and even went as far as to say that he thinks they are better than any of my friends who are photographers. ha ha. Well, I wouldn't go THAT far, but yes. I really like them.

His enthusiastic support is very refreshing at times, sometimes not. I have to laugh, because you have to take the good with the bad(which really isn't all that bad). He said that he's thinking of taking the course with me, and quite often he'll sit beside me when I'm editing. He'll give me feedback, whether I want it of not. For instance, last night he didn't like the new banner I made for my blog. He said he liked the old one. That's ok..I wasn't changing it. But then this morning while were walking through Walmart, he's says..."We should get you table at a wedding fair, and you'll book up so fast. You can hand out your business cards. I can tell you for sure that no one will have any close to as nice as the ones you designed last night!" I guess...if this is what a supportive husband looks like, I'll take it. He's just not allowed to have an opinion...but then how boring would that be! I probably wouldn't get honest feedback and how helpful would that be!

Today, I have the day off. I think I'll watch a movie...I watched Anne of Green Gables on Youtube!! Yay. It was nice :) Plus, I got lots of laundry done in the process. I also found the notebook, and Across the Universe (which I Totally LOVE the soundtrack....it's the only thing I listen to now when I'm editing). I'll probably have to do some housework too. It's funny when your "work" is more like play. I also think I'll make some time to play Guitar Hero, and Mario Kart, and maybe play Lotso on Pogo.com. Covering all the basics. haha. But it's noon, and half the day is already over, so I better get a move on. Priorities!

No comments: