Thursday, May 28, 2009

Learning to rest....




I really had to focus on resting yesterday,because on Tuesday I did a photoshoot with Rachelle and her twins. I can't remember if I already wrote about this, but I'm going to write again. I have been going steady for a week. I work on the photo biz after work, on my days off. On Sunday, I was going all day-literally, with half hour breaks in between. No joke! woke up at 6:30, was at worship practice for 8, sang for two services in which I sang a KILLER solo (yay me) for one song, that ended at 1:30, we were expecting kids to come at 2:00 for emily's birthday party (she turned 9!!), then we all went to the movie theater at 2:20, because we were watching Night at the Museum 2 (very funny...even better to watch a row full of girls giggle!), then came home and had cake and opened presents. Parents came to pick up kids at 6:00, and at 6:30 I had to go to work because they were having a storewide meeting. I'm not allowed to comment on it, but all I have to say is it wasn't fun. grrrr. It was done at 9:30pm and finally made it in the door at around 10:00!! I had to work at 6 the next day. I was suprised that I wasn't too tired in the morning. But Tuesday morning I went to Rachelle's first thing in the morning to take pics for her. The babies were finished eating breakfast a little early that morning, so when I got there, they were tired and ready for a nap! So I had to pull out the big guns, and get really creative. It wasn't easy, but I was able to get a few good shots of them. I've started to edit them and I'm really happy that they are turning out. There wasn't too much natural light, but I'm a Natural light photographer! What do you do when there's no natural light? Well...thank god for Camera Raw and photoshop! Here's a sample of what I've edited so far yesterday...looking at them now I feel like I have to edit them somemore...grrrr. I was good until about 11:30 and then I started to crash. Got home and couldn't keep my eyes open. fell asleep with my hand on my chin while browsing Facebook and woke up just in time to pick up Ally from school!!! Now that's bad and very scary. Poor teacher, he had to see me with my just woke up look face on...again, not very pretty. So yesterday, like I said I had to focus all my energy on not looking at facebook (because that's work now because of my online group) and not pick up a photography or photoshop book. It was SOOO hard! I made myself watch a movie, and a couple times caught myself trying to get on facebook...tsk tsk. I ended up starting on a poster at around 10:00 that night, and didn't finish till 4:00!!! I can't believe I did that! SO crazy! Sso needless to say, I'm starting to crash, the coffee is starting to lose it's power. I really need to learn to rest.

No comments: