Saturday, May 23, 2009

photography




I did my second photoshoot on Wednesday. It's funny, it seems like all my good friends either are photographers or are seriously interested in photography. Well, right now I'm taking pictures of as many people as I can. My friend Stacey and I went out on wednesday to scout out locations and to practice some shots. Tuesday night I was sketching some shots, and one of them was a subway shot. I imagined the model standing perfectly still, while the subway car is a blur in the background. Well, we did that! I was so excited when we caught it! I was on such a high after that!





I want to find some really cool graffiti walls in edmonton, and find some people with really cool tatoos and piercings. Today I bought a new lens. Brian bought me one for Mother's day, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I took so many pics and they kept coming out blurry. I used this lens with Stacey and I only got a couple mediocore shots..nothing wow. I was so embarrased to post the pictures from the photoshoot with stacey because of that. So I exchanged it, and was able to get a much better one...the only thing is that it was more than double what I paid for the first one. I didn't think about it too much when I was at the photoshop..I just wanted to get that problem fixed. But when I left the store, it slowly started to register....what am I doing?!! I've been so good about not putting stuff on my credit card, and then I pull a stunt like this!!! what is brian going to think?! He's going to be so mad! But we stopped at a skateboard park behind the rec center on 23rd Ave, and took some pics of the girls. I fit it on my camera...and the first time I held it..I thought, "wow this is so much heavier...what have I done?!" I got ally to pose for me on the field...I took one shot and magic! Amazing!








I feel so much better now. I think it was totally worth it! Hopefully it will get me some clients and get this business off the ground. I have a baby shoot on tuesday. (Tomorrow..I wrote this on Saturday) The twins have turned 6 months so I'm going to take some outdoor shots of them - weather permitting and almost all the people on the morning shift have said that they will be my models. Isn't that amazing?! So I have to follow up with them and schedule a time. It's so exciting. Even if I don't get this thing off the ground, I'm seriously having the time of my life.





the rest of the photos are on facebook. If you want to see them, then you have to be my friend...if you're not, then you should be :)

1 comment:

The Kingsborough Queen said...

they are awesome!!!! you are so doing what you were meant to do!!!