Monday, May 18, 2009

Taking risks....


It's so funny, that 9 times out of 10, when I go to church on a sunday morning, that the message will be about something that I am either going through, or that God is trying to teach me. Since I've stepped out to start my photography business, I've been so blessed. Not only have people been so encouraging, everywhere I turn God is guiding my steps and sending people into my life. I have this nervous excitment, it's crazy, and that was what the message was about yesterday. Live like your dying. If your not taking risks, then your not living. And that Jesus, not only knew when and how he was going to die, he knew the people he was with would desert him. So He literally lived like He was dying and the people around him were dying too - spiritually.

The message totally confirmed that I'm not doing the wrong thing, stepping out. I have to keep telling myself that I'm not taking a stupid risk. I do have the talent, everything is in me to do this. Of course I have lots to learn, but I have the ability to really make this work, and I have the motivation to see it through. I don't know why we're so scared of success, believing that we can do it and fulfill our dreams. It's easier to believe that we can't, and that we're not enough.

No comments: