Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1...2...3...hold breath...close eyes...jump.

Wow! My past few weeks have been a blur. I really try to keep my life low key, but slowly one by one things got added, and then before I realized, I was almost in over my head. I got through..barely if it wasn't for good friends at the right time. It consisted of taking LOTS of photos, makes lots of jewelry, a few lows (sorry brian!), Lots of highs, and a black eye! Where should I start. I've really been meaning to write, and I actually did. I saved a draft, but the next day, there was so much more to add, and it didn't seem that exciting anymore compared the NEW stuff I had to write.

K...well first of all I'll tell you about last weekend. Thursday, I was invited to join the photography team at church! So my first assignment was to help cover the Women's Day (which took place on the Saturday) that we had at our church. I said no problem, because I was going to be there anyway selling my jewelry (I'll talk about that in a sec). And they said that if I could only do it part time that would be ok. So I said great! But what I hadn't thought about was my jewelry, what if THAT doesn't go as smoothly as I would like it? Well, it didn't. Half of my beads didn't show up, and they were basically my favorite ones (cherry quartz and fluorite whaaaa) So Friday night I had a meltdown. Mentally I didn't finish planning what I would do if my beads wouldn't come in. Of course they would come in! I realized all the stuff that I had to do that hadn't been done - ya, brian took the brunt of it, and helped me get through. I stayed up till 2 am that night finishing the last of my bracelets, and pricing. I was so tired that I could hardly string the beads...it was quite funny..but not really. Woke up early the next day.



here's a sample of the pics I took from the Woman's Day event....



I ended up only selling a few bracelets, and I was suprised that my dollar store beads kept getting picked up, but my semi-precious ones weren't. oh well. On Sunday, I got to preform a song that I wrote. It was so neat, but very awkward to lead the band. I've only been a band member, and that's how I've always seen myself. So to switch roles, it was different. I need to work on my communication. Though, it is harder to convey an idea that has never been done before. When we do a new song on the worship team, it's been sung before, and it's a complete sound. so we just copy that. But to try and get them to be creative,and CREATE a new sound - when there is just one instrument to reference from, that's a different story.
I did REALLY good the first service. I totally nailed it - except for I forgot the first line to the second verse so I sang.."runny nose dirty toes.....runny nose, dirty toes" how gross is that?
I nailed the build and the bridge...(sigh) it was awesome.

My friend Sarah is the charge of mulitmedia team. So, I asked if there was a way she could get someone to videotape my performance. She was able to find someone for the second service. But what I didn't realize was the soundman messed with the levels on the soundboard, and he turned me down, because someone said that I was too loud. So for my second performance, I didn't realize I was oversinging, and when it came to the build and instrumental - I did the most HORRIBLE skreech/dying animal wail. I tried desperately to recover, but it didn't happen. When I get the video back from sarah, I'll put it up so you all can see. I'm sure it's not that bad...but to me it makes my ears bleed. horrible. too bad they didn't record my first performance! oh well.

Last night, brian made me take the plunge and advertise my photography skills on kijiji. I don't know why I'm so apprehensive. I think because, i'm scared of not being able to deliver a quality product. I feel like I really don't know that much, but when I compare my photos to people who have been doing this for awhile...i think why not? So I just took the plunge and did it. This morning, I got my first phone call! Unfortunately, she was looking to do boudoir, and didn't want to take pics at her house. I really don't have the place to do that. So we'll see. I'm scared and excited at the same time. 1 2 3...hold breath...close eyes...jump.

No comments: