Friday, May 15, 2009

Have you ever....


Hey everyone.
I'm truly excited about my decision to pursue photography. The thought of doing jewelry or art (though I really like it), really didn't do it for me. When I think of photography, and taking pictures I get truly excited, and get butterflies. It's CRAZY! If I could bottle it up..I would! I'm toying with names. I was thinking of LG photography, and having my watermark be a my initials in the corner in a cute script. I also LOVE butterflies, bees, flowers, birds. From what I'm reading on my groups on Flickr, you don't want to have your name too "cutesy". But I thought about .....


a) Birds and Bees Photograhy - and use a modern silhouette of a bird and a bee for my logo.



b) Metamophosis Photography - with a butterfly (again, black silhouette...i have something definite in mind..I'm very picky).



I love this clip art...but not sure if I can use it for something.



So this is the link to my ad that I put on kijiji...let me know what you think. I'm thinking of opening another Flickr acount just for my business stuff. So people can look at it, and probably a separate blog. But...that's probably not for awhile, but depending on my responses, it might be closer than I think. ;)


6 comments:

C. J. Barna said...

Are you becoming a professional photographer? Is there anywhere to check out your stuff?

Melissa said...

Hi Lynds,

I think you should play around with the name a bit more before making a definitive decision. Until you find an "awesome" name, stick with your own name. I wouldn't consider either of the names you mentioned "awesome", not bad, but not "wow".

Also, are you familiar with what you need to keep track of as far as building a business & preparing for tax season? Even if you only make a tiny amount of revenue, you can still claim "home business" status, thus claiming many home expenses (ie mortgage interest, hydro, city utilities, repairs/maint., phone, etc), and reporting a "business loss" (instead of profit) which could create a benefit on your joint taxes with Brian. Facebook message me if you don't know about this already.

:D Bye for now.

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

Chris,I am! I'm in the process of building a website. For now you can check out my Flickr account by clicking on the pics in the corner.

Mel, thanx for all your advice. I REALLY appreciate it. You rock! ((hugs)) ya, after I wrote this, those names, I pretty much forgot about. I keep coming back to LG Photography. I think I liked those names because of the logos I could do with them. But really I could still use them. I get the best of both worlds. I guess that's the beauty of a neutral name. I could just change my logo according to the season/style that I want.

Ya, I'll definitly talk money with you. thanks again.

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

P.s. You can look at my pics by clicking on the Flickr box on top right corner on my blog page.

Cheap Chicks And The City said...

Hi there!

Thanks for putting our blog on your list!

As it turns out, I used to be a photographer as well, so I totally love that you are one! Good luck on your new venture, I'm sure you'll do great!

I see that you're in the process of building your own website, can't wait to see it! Once you have that established, I have no doubt that your business will bloom!

Photography is a very rewarding business, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Keep us updated :)

-Carly

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

Hey Thanks Carly! I didn't even realize that you wrote until I was just browsing through here. THings are starting to come around slowly. I'm enjoying the process, and keeping positive. That is 90% of it!