Sunday, November 22, 2009

Birthday Week


It's that time again. Birthday week. I love the whole idea, because one day never seemed long enough to me. So when my pastor said that she was having a birthday week, I thought, "What a GREAT idea! Genius!" I can't tell you how excited I was! Everyday she would do something that special and that she absolutely loved to do. Something spectacular that you couldn't do everyday, because then it wouldn't be special anymore.


So my goal for birthday week this year is to connect with as much people as I can possible. So many times I say no, or even entertain the thought of asking someone out for coffee for the fear of rejection. Which by the way was in Pastor Dennis' s sermon on sunday - People pleasing and I'm definitely one of them. Though, I do have to say that I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I still have a ways to go. So I just jumped right in and made an event on facebook inviting people to come to crankpots. I kinda worded it like I'm going to be there and if you want to come you can, but if you don't that's ok, because I'm going anyways. I'm used to doing things alone...haha. Isn't that depressing? I know..you don't need to answer.


One other goal for this week is to get my nails done. Like gel nails. I love them, and I usually don't get mine done because 1) they're expensive 2) I had a REALLY bad experience at this asian place....really bad 3) my nails and hair grow so fast, that for the amount of money that I spend it would be nice for it to last a while. So why am I doing this? They ARE very good reasons. Well, I found out a girl at church does nails from her home and they are REALLY nice and fancy., AND they are resonable! So I thought if there's a time that I should have nice nails it should be definitely be birthday week.


I also think I'm going to go on dates with everyone in my family alone. Brian is on tuesday, and the girls will be on Monday, thursday and friday. I think I'm going to take Emily to the Creamery. An Ice cream place here in town that has gourmet ice cream and you can add things in like fresh fruit, nuts, candy (!! gummi bears!). She's been bugging me about it for awhile. Ally always seems to be with me when I get my craving for it. Haley, I think we'll go shopping (or maybe if she's feeling well, I'll bring her to Crankpots with me). Ally, hmmmm....I don't know yet. I have to think about that.


I still don't have the whole week planned - that's ALOT of space to fill with stuff for just me, but I'm sure I can do it. I also have two WHOLE days off this week - weird. I'm sure photography will definitely be involved. I've been doing so much for everyone else, I think I'm going to take a week to just focus on me - spiritually AND mentally. cheers xoxo

No comments: