Monday, November 23, 2009

Day One: Crankpots and Strep throat...oh my!

I had my first test on what I learned in church on people pleasing yesterday. Actually right after I finished writing my entry from yesterday! A manager from Old Navy phoned and asked if I wanted to come in early today because they thought they were going to get a big shipment. I really didn't want to, because we had to do grocery shopping and I had to catch up on laundry. It was funny because the manager said...I'm telling you all this and don't want you to feel pressured. (ummm...that's kind of what you're doing). I kind of had a mini- breakthrough. I didn't say that i would go in at 6, but i said I would go in at 9:00 after the girls went to school. But I really didn't want to even do that! I should have said no. I don't know why I said I would do it. The words just came out so fast! I was thinking no, and my mouth said yes!! CRAZY!! Anyways....She ended up phoning me at quarter after six this morning letting me know that they didn't get as big as a shipment as they thought they would. I have to say I was very relieved, but not happy to be woken up so early.

I had so many hopes for the day. I was hoping to get my nails done, but Haley woke up sick again with a sore throat. She asked me to buy her another package of throat lozenges, but i thought it was probably time to take her to the doctors. She's had a sore throat for quite awhile and it wasn't going away. I thought it might be strep, so I phoned the doctor first thing in the morning. We ended up spending 2 hours in Walmart while waiting for our perscription! They were very busy. So Haley and I looked at makeup, and toys. And then we were almost out of the store, she was starting to feel nausous from the hot chocolate I bought her from Tim Hortons. Bad idea.

So Haley stayed at home and rested up while brian and I went grocery shopping at Costco. When we came home, Brian and Haley went to the mall. Haley went to buy me a present, and Brian went to get his haircut. The whole day seemed to go buy so fast. But the best part was getting some time with Haley one on one. She would never say it, but she appreciates having me to herself. She talks my ear off!

Well, no one came to Crankpots. Alot of people said maybe, but it was probably for the better. I thought Haley would really like it, so I invited her to come. She was so excited to be in Old Strathcona. She loved the old buildings and the christmas lights. It was fun to be able to show it to her. I painted a mug and a penguin ornament. And haley painted a cute bunny figurine and a gingerbread ornament. It will be nice to see how they turn out. When you paint with pottery paint, your never quite sure how it's going to come out, because the paint comes out of the bottle way lighter. I want to do it again, and make sure that I take someone with me. :)

No comments: