Sunday, May 16, 2010

Get rhythmn

Do you have "ah - ha" moments? What are they? How have they shaped you into the person that you are today? You don't have to answer, but today was one of those days. I find it so encouraging to go into the house of God each sunday, and be able to give my talents and serve. Most of all I am in awe of how God gets a hold of me through the preaching of the word, through my conversations with my "church family". Since I started to get busy with my photography, I realized that it was from God and I just gotta ride the wave, and just trust Him to give me the grace and energy to carry it out. I know that I have nothing to do with it, other than I do the prepratory work - like being faithful at my photography lessons, and learning what I need to know about working a business and selling myself. (the resources that God directs me to.)

Since it has slowed down for the month of May, there is temptation for the devil to come in and tell me that I'm not successful, and that I should just quit. That it's not good for the family for me to be working this much because the house IS quite chaotic.
But I have taken this time to catch up on housework, work at Old Navy, and work on my course. Just trust God that HE's taking care of me and giving me a breather before my big & first wedding season. But you know what, I was a little bit guilty because my house wasn't running smoothly, everything not "Perfect" (that should be a swear word by the way!!) and I told someone on the phone last week when they asked how I was doing, I said, "well, you know, I'm just trying to find that healthy balance between being a wife,mom,and working two jobs. I'm finding it hard juggling it all."
Well, today at church we had a guest speaker talk about getting into rhythmn with God - getting in sync. Realizing that there is a time and season for everything. And to trust that God knows, and takes care of us. (that's what I've been doing!! I've been doing it right!! yay!) Also to know what time it is. There is a)Chronos time - time that is measured and b)kyros time - experiences. Kyros is the God appointed time - when God opens up opportunities for you, you've got to run with it.
Another thing that I got out of the evening service, was a verse that my pastor when I was a kid would always quote it from Jeremiah. " i have plans of peace...to bring you to an expected end" I don't remember it word for word - but it was a promise that God thinks good about us, and doesn't have plans that would harm us, but are to prosper us and are full of hope. Did you know that was written to people living in the slums in Babylon?! They were unhappy! They were transplanted and God said that HE moved them there and He wanted them to happy and build houses and plant gardens and immerse themselves in the culture.
Then the pastor said, "how many of you moved here from other places?" Shockingly, 90% of the people in the sanctuary put up their hand. We - I was transplanted to Edmonton, and He has something that HE wants to do in my city. I love my city. I don't know why...or where it comes from. But it came from a very young age - God put it there. So all the trials that I go through living away from my parents is worth it, and I would do it again. I do miss my family, and the mountains...and lakes...and hiking trails...sigh. everything. But I know I would be unhappy, because I wouldn't be in sync with my creator.
Find out what God is doing and get in sync with him. get rhythmn.

No comments: