Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peace...

It's funny how a mother doesn't have peace until the last eyelid is closed. I just got out of the shower and was trying to figure out what was this nagging feeling, why can't I enjoy my shower?! Everyone's in bed...hey wait. Emily might still be up. today, one of her friends told Emily that she was a werewolf, and then did some trick that Emily is CONVINCED is magic. Em said that she was jealous, so said, "oh ya?! well I'm a leprechaun!" she said that they went back and forth, back and forth until the girl said, "oh ya, well then you better watch out, because there is a bad man who is looking people like us, and if he finds you, your in trouble!" So that's what my night was filled with...trying to convince Emily that her friend wasn't a werewolf. YAY me! The only way I could calm her down was to tell her that she could sleep in my bed. It was an act of desperation! I really don't want to share my bed, it's taken me years to accept that I have to share a bed with my husband! Yes I love him, but I LOVE to stretch out. The things we do for the people we love.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

You need a king bed!

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

I do!! But then that would mean a bigger room, and then a bigger house. so not in the cards for us yet. :)