Thursday, May 27, 2010

tick tock...

I think the only thing that I don't like right now about my photography biz is the suspense and waiting. Tonight I had consultation with a potential customer and she brought her father with her. They were paskistani/muslim so I was expecting them to want to negotiate, because the package they wanted was not your standard. I'm not a natural business person, but I'm learning to be. It's so funny that when God calls you to be something/do something, you initially think that your going to have to develop just one skill, but you end up needing to develop multiple! How else could He talk you into it?!! I know that I would have been a big chicken and ran away! Just like Joey from Friends - "I don't do sales!"

Last year I thought, if I could just master my camera...now it's advertising, promotion, sales, accounting...sigh. But I'm doing it! Hey, if God believes in me, I should certainly too!

Well I most certainly ended up doing some negotiating, and I have to say that I think I did pretty good. The last time I had to I was too desparate and ended up regretting my decision. This time I came to a decision that I think we are all happy with. I'm growing! But for now, I wait. They will get back to me in a couple days with their decision, if it's yes, then I'm going to be taking pictures of two beautiful receptions, one small intimate wedding ceremony, and formals. My friend who just came back from India, offered to lend me her sari, and begged to be my assistant. I'm imaging how colorful it will be...sigh. Oh the suspense!


Update:  I got the job!! and it ended up being my first indian wedding.  LOVED the food and the people.  They were so gentle and hospitable.  I would do it again in a heartbeat! Here's a picture that I took from it.



We made an agreement that I wouldn't show her beautiful face online.  Which is too bad, because I thought she was the most stunning bride that I had of the season!  Oh well.

No comments: