Wednesday, January 28, 2009

gym...gym and more gym...hmmmm

I don't have too much time today. Since the economy is getting a little slower, I am forced to make my own snacks instead of buying them. It's not a bad thing. I really do like baking, it's just the mess I hate. Last night I told Brian & the girls if they wanted me to bake, then they had to clean up the kitchen. And they did. So I'm planning on making some cookie dough (I'll make the cookies later), carrot muffins, triple grain apple muffins, banana muffins, and some Dad's cookies (chocolate chip oatmeal cookies). Wow...that's a lot!!!
Today, while I was at Superstore to pick up some eggs for my baking, I thought I would stop and check out their jeans. Anyways, while I was in the corner of the store, this bird chirped and I looked up, there was a little chickadee in the store!! He looked like he really wanted to get outside, because it perched itself on the window sill of the skylight. I ended up getting some winter undies. A pack of 5 for $1.94!!! So ya...I'm going to rockin' the snowflakes and penquins for the next year. I don't care.
I'm on Day three of working out!!! I've gone to the gym three days in a row! I don't remember the last time I've done that....ummmm never. I've really tried purposely to not be too obsessive with it, but I think I've got a good routine. three hard days (pullups etc./cardio), and two easy days (pilates & cardio). Today I saw a man about 70 yrs old do two sets of pull-ups. It was quite impressive. I think I can go up in weight, I pulled myself up so hard that I made the weights bang...oops. Today after only 10 minutes on the eliptical I was ready to quit. I had to have a little conversation with myself...(I do this from time to time)

"I want to quit, it's only 10 minutes in and I have 20 more and I'm ready to die!"

"k, why are you doing this? what's your goal?"

"uuuuugh....to be able to do a pullup with no help, and get down to 160, so I can rock in a bikini"

"sooo...what do you have to do?"

"keep going...this sucks"

I actually did finish, and it got easier after I "hit my wall" and pushed through. ok...baking time.

1 comment:

The Kingsborough Queen said...

love it!!! way to go...you are going to feel fab come summer!!