Saturday, January 24, 2009

random thoughts...as they come..I write them.

I'm thinking that I need to write more. I really have so much in me that needs to get out. I started going to the gym again. Brian made this inCREDIBLE playlist. I think he has a gift. I'm going to get him to make me more. It has a combination of all kinds of music - rock, pop,metal it's amazing that he can blend them all together.
For Christmas, I bought him a iTunes card, and one of the first things he bought was Nickelback. I really like they're new CD. I didn't think that I would. The songs I've ever heard of their's is kind of mundane and boring. But I really like the song "Burn it to the Ground" It's good for running to. Brian put it right at the beginning of his playlist, and right after it he put "So What" from P!nk. He bought that with his iTunes money. He says that he likes P!nk, but I think he bought it for me mostly. I think he loves me or something. :)
Anyways, I started going to the gym. It's been really nice to get back into it. I have this program where I do 5 pull-ups, 4 pushups and then 3 sit-ups on a balance ball - for 20 minutes!!! the first time that my trainer told me this I was very doubtful that I could do this. I eventually could do this, but it was on the pull-up assist machine. So a couple days ago I tried to do it again - I lasted 10 minutes! I'm going to try again. I really like doing pullups. I feel tough, and I can feel the guys at the gym watching me. ha ha - it's a nice feeling. I still got it
I also started doing pilates again. I've dropped down a size, and I just bought new jeans. I'm glad I get a discount on clothes or this would be annoying. That's the reason I stopped doing pilates is cuz i couldn't afford to buy more clothes. It seemed like every month I had to buy a whole new wardrobe, or wear my old stuff that was way too big on me. not fun. I'm so motivated when I look at pictures of me at Tennilles wedding. I had a great body! there's a pic of me talking to mom and its a side veiw and you can kind of see the profile of my ass - it looks so nice. if i do say so myself. now it's sagging and has dimples. how does that happen??!!! Oh ya, sitting behind a desk for a year.

I found a diary that I wrote few years ago. I don't know what inspired me to write it - actually now I do. I bought this book, "Writer's handbook" and the author has all these writing exercises, and one of them was to start writing in a journal everyday. hey maybe I'll do some of them on here. So ya. It was weird to read how my life has really changed since then. I made lists in there of all the things I wanted to do with my life - around the house. It's kinda cool in that most of them have come true.
I wrote that i had this crazy dream that it flooded again, and I woke up in a crazy panic. I guess I didn't realize how that had traumatized me. So in my dream I thought while the rain was coming down, "This can't happen! I haven't finished my basement yet!!" When I told this to brian, he measured the basement and that day we went to look at carpet. That was so sweet of him. And there's other things. I talked about how my van didn't have AC, and how I wanted a new one. NOw I have a beautiful one. Also how I wanted to take a trip, and how brian was totally against it. Now that we've gone to Mexico, he's the one suggesting places that we should go. So far it's only been places that are comfortable. I want to go on a REAL adventure. A whole new continent, where noone speaks English, I'd like to be the minority for once to get some perspecitve on how people must feel when they come to our country. China, India, Nepal, Japan, Ghana, Israel, and Mongolia again. I'll be patient for him to warm up to it, he's only been in North America all of his life.
That is one of my regrets....but, on the other hand, I don't think I was mature enough to be able to travel abroad by myself. I was quite niave. I know I could do it now. If I can take roadtrips from Edmonton to BC, by myself, then I'm sure I could travel abroad. I get so much slack from everyone for taking them by myself without brian. The funny thing is everytime Brian comes with us we have car troubles - except for last winter. (another story for another time) I say, If your smart, then why not! Hopefully, I'll be able to take some of these GRAND adventures with the girls. Brian is talking about taking the girls to Mexico. Emily would LOVE that! She used to watch Dora religiously, and one time when we were in Superstore, Emily started counting in Spanish and this lady happened to overhear emily, who was then 5. She bent down and said, " oh you know spanish?" and said a couple things and em just looked at her wide-eyed. It was really cute. Actually, I think all the girls would like it. anyways..I should go...and do something productive in another way.

No comments: