Friday, January 30, 2009

memories of motherhood so far...





At my work we have the cutest kids clothes. It's funny that it doesn't matter which section I'm in I try and find a way to buy something cute. Like if I'm in baby, I'll try and think of who I can buy for that has a baby. I haven't yet, but I finally got a legitimate excuse to buy some baby clothes!! yeah! My friend Rachelle, had twins about a month and a half ago. They were preemies so they were pretty busy at the hospital, and things have slowed down, and I finally got to see them last Sunday. So, I thought I would buy them each a cute outfit. It was nice to handle baby clothes again. I miss it. It's funny how sometimes I'll be reminded about how mine used to be so small, and those years seem like such a blur.

I loved those years they were so magical. You could do something as simple as make cookies and you were a hero. I was very lucky to be able to spend my days at home with the girls. I had the odd job - like I took a cleaning job with a janitorial company when emily was around a year. that was like two hours about two days a week. I was nice. I used to take haley for walks when she was a baby and she didn't want to go in the stroller, so she would run for a solid half hour. It was so cute to see her chubby legs run. And she was always so happy, and bubbly. Emily was so petite and had the most gorgeous hair! When she was a year, it was to her shoulders with ringlets! I had so much fun dressing her up. I had more money, so I bought her some cute stuff. But ally, she was the one who was the best dressed out of the three. I think because I had a couple jobs. I also was the best dressed during that pregnancy. I bought myself some hot leather pants - can you image? I wish I had pictures, but I definitely felt the most sexy during that pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Haley, we were living in Prince George, and there was NOTHING. The only place where you could buy maternity was Sears, and my mom bought me a navy pair of cotton jersey pants (yuck!!!) and a pair of "shortalls" that puckered at the belly. So basically I looked like a blimp! I mostly wore sundresses, because haley was born in August. And that was a hot summer, my poor feet. They were so swollen!

I love babies and kids. That's another perk about where I work. The cutest kids come in the store. I'll smile at them, and make funny faces when their mom's aren't looking. Some moms are more friendly and will let you interact with their kids - especially if they don't have the patience. (I totally remember that!!) People always comment on how good I am with children and how I need to have more. Trust me, I'm at my limit (sometimes past it!) with three. It was hard to accept, that three was my number. But I thought, I'll just have to wait to be an auntie. So I just spoil my nephews, and friends kids. Everytime a friend has a baby, they know that I'm going to be holding it, and that they can leave them with me for long periods. After the bulk of my friends are finished having babies, I guess I'll just have to wait for grandchildren - which I hear from all my aunts is the BEST. That they never remembering loving their own children as much as they love their grandchildren. I have a bit of time before we get there. I still have to make it though high school and boys. eek. I told brian that he is the standard that the girls will measure every guy against. (so he has to step up his game!! ha ha) No really, He is a wonderful dad, and I think that he is aware of this now.
All girls want to be told is that their beautiful, and treated like their special. That's the way God created them to be. Women truly do bring beauty to the world and want to reflect it. And alot of times, give their heart away multiple times just to be broken. (Which I am the authority on...trust me) It makes me mad when I hear of men manipulating this truth. There's a guy that brian works with who was so excited to tell all the guys that he's found the foolproof way to picking up women- looking her in the eye and telling her that she is the most beautiful person in the place or some variance on that. Wow...Unfortunately that's the extent of it. All words absolutely NO actions. (Clearly I have to write about this more, because there is SO much more that I can write on this subject!! It's taking everything within me to NOT go there)

So ya..this is what I have to look forward to. I really am enjoying my girls right now, but I sometimes wish I had more home movies so I could be transported back in time. There is so much that I thought I would remember, and at the time it felt like the "magical" stage would never end.

No comments: