Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yesterday's Adventure:
      Walking to Superstore -(which isn't that far away from my mom's house) with 4 kids. It was fun.  The air was so fresh because of the rain and I got to show my girls again the elementary school that I went to. Riley decided halfway through the school field that he didn't want to go and that he wanted to stay at the park.  We just kept on walking and hoped that he would get lonely and decided to join us.  I have to say that I was a little worried, because the field was quite large and from the other side he looked so small and who KNOWS what is going through their head at that age?! (he's 4)  I'm so thankful that he decided to join us...(phew!) and when I pointed out that emily was at the front (which is always the case when we go on walks of any kind), he tried to beat her, but she just wouldn't let that happen.  So we got to the store quite fast after that.
      Shopping with Riley was quite the adventure.  I had to remember what I used to do- which is be creative, think fast and bribery ...i mean incentives... never hurt anyone.  I needed a time out at the end of it though.  One funny thing though that happened.  We went to the toy section first thing, because that was how we got Riley to want to come to Superstore is because they have toys.  Well they were looking at toys and one end panel there were some books.  The one that caught my eye was titled, "150 Secrets to a Happy Wife"
150 Secrets to a Happy Wife
   Well, of course I start reading, to see if this guy knows what he's talking about.  One was, "Let her have control of the remote not once but from now on"   awwwww.  I can't remember any other ones.  But what was funny was, as I flipping through, another lady came and put her copy away.  I laughed because she was doing exactly what I was doing!!!  I don't know, it seems like a great book, but I can't see the men that REALLY need to read that book actually picking it up.  The only men that would read it, would  probably be pretty much perfect and wouldn't need it - in fact they could probably write a book on the subject!!!
  Tennille went to work and I watched Riley for a few hours.  I ended up taking the kids to the park and I read my book.  We went to school park, and I showed the girls the exact spot where I went to kiss a little boy when I was in grade 2 (the girls were trying to kiss the boys) and I caught this boy and leaned in to kiss him on the lips and he stuck out his tongue at the last minute and I kissed his tongue!!!!   EWWWWW.... I was mortified, and when I told my girls they were also grossed out.  I think they learned the lesson...don't kiss boys. (well... lets hope they did). I told them other stories.  I can't believe I remember so much!!   

Today's adventure:
    Jumping in a van and taking 4 kids to the train museum to see Thomas the train.  Riley and Allison were so excited.  But, as soon as we got out of the van and were waiting in line to pay admission, it began to pour!  OH MY...  Riley and Allison were so disappointed and trying to tell that we were going to come again tomorrow was quite the challenge.  I think I said quite a few times to ally that if she didn't quit the attitude that she wouldn't come back at all.  I was not happy.
     I went to my aunt's house and took pictures of her B&B for her website and facebook.  She has such a beautiful house and garden.  She came over for supper tonight and after supper, and we played the Game of Life with Haley and Emily.  Riley always seems to decide halfway through any game that he wants to play.  This time he wanted drive one of the cars on the board game.  We let him do it for a little bit.  Then he wanted two cars instead of one.  We had to say no, because there was none left.  He THEN wanted a red car - which happened to be Emily's and had to tell him no.  He was not happy about that. It was quite a stressful game.  And I kept all the frustration inside because the kids were having so much fun.  Emily had SO much energy tonight, and had a hard time waiting for her turn to come.  AHHHHH!!  I was happy when the game was over. I'm not sure what we're doing tomorrow.  We're not going to church tomorrow because Westside doesn't have childcare for the summer and I'm not brave enough (or don't have the patience) to deal with it.  So who knows what we'll do.  I think I'll need a vacation after my vacation...and looks like hiking in the Ancient Forest will have to happen another time.  oh well.  Off to bed.  need to rest up for whatever we end up doing.


No comments: