Sunday, April 05, 2009

I quit!


i quit....You have no idea how many times I want to do just that. In fact I was just thinking it a couple minutes ago working on a new painting. The sketch is not coming out the way I would like, and it would be easy to throw it out. I sooo wish I could just quit at being a parent sometimes. Being a wife has not always been what I had envisioned it would be- WHAT?!! You can't read my mind??!!
But...what if quitting is good for you - like not drinking pop anymore, or eating processed foods, thinking negative about people in general, not filtering what you say, or a toxic relationship with a person who has nothing to offer, or maybe you're juggling too many things and the stress is starting to take a toll on your body. That's when it's healthy to close the door, and start a new chapter.

Some things are easy to quit, especially if you don't like it in the first place, say your job, other times responsibility and sensibility set in and make that move a lot more harder. but what if your addicted? That makes the act of quitting so much more harder. You know that the first high your hooked and you know it's going to be a hard fall if you ever stop what your doing. smoking, drugs, compliments, positive public opinion, the way that person makes you feel when they look at you that makes you keep running back for more. What if it all ends? The void is there and you have to somehow replace it. That's when you can't quit at quitting - life or death lies on the other side, death to your body, death to relationships, death to your soul.

We all have areas in our lives that we need to work on - but above all we can't quit. Quiting is not an option. Just like my painting, if I quit, I'll never get to see it's potential. In parenting...with as many times we have to repeat ourselves, we can't quit disciplining and doing what's right. In our marriages, we can't quit showing unconditional love. Fight until there is nothing more to fight for. In our attempt to find a soul mate and find true love-whatever that is, don't give up hope but don't lose yourself in the process. For our families, and friends, no matter how many times they may dissappoint us always be ready to be shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. Most importantly, on ourselves - never give up on your relationship with God. Love yourself enough to never quit and don't give up.
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."
I Corinthians 15:58 NKJV
" With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don't hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort. " 1 Corinthians 15:58
the message

2 comments:

Just Me said...

This is my favorite blog by you so far. Very good insight and very encouraging! Love ya :)

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

thanx sugar,
I think it's funny that yesterday I found out Joyce Meyers wrote a whole book on this topic! SO much more to add to it, but I'm glad you liked it. I will keep your comment in mind, for future reference.