Thursday, April 16, 2009

Watermelon stone??!!


I'm home...it's been nice, but I still haven't unpacked yet. My suitcase is in the frontroom, and the girls suitcase is in the hallway. Pure chaos. This is why I don't travel too much...it's LOTS of work. It doesn't help that Brian has had the last two days off. I never get anything done. It's funny, I used to pray that he'd have a job where we got to spend more time together. He used to work practically 7 days a week. On his day off, people would be phoning him. Not fun!


I have to keep reminding myself...I wanted this. This is what I prayed for. ha ha. I get spoiled. He took me out for lunch yesterday, to this chinese place. We could have gotten lunch for one and split it..it was that big! And he took all of us out for lunch today, AND bought me the new Photoshop!!! I'm so excited! Costco sent us a coupon book, and in it was a $30 off coupon! I was beaming when I showed the guy who checked our receipt at the door. He was very excited for me. And I'm sure that I made people who were checking out jealous too. I think they wished that they knew how to use computers enough to get Photoshop also. I'm sure I skipped all the way to the jeep. true story. I've wanted Photoshop for at least 5 years. I used to have a free trial a few years ago, and LOVED it! Teresa bought me a subscription to Making Memories magazine, and they have a column on digital scrapbooking...I can put it to good use. :)


Also..yesterday I got a phone call telling me about a business opportunity, and I think I'm going to take it - in fact I have, but haven't told them. I'm going to make up a whole bunch of my jewelry and sell it at this Woman's Day thing that we have the church. So I have about a month to whip together about 25 bracelets and 20 necklaces and I think I'll make some earrings and maybe some bookmarks too. It's so much fun! I was shopping for supplies all last night and this morning. Brian thinks I'm going to have a hard time parting with my pieces and I'm sure he's right. I bought some amber, fluorite, citrine, cherry quartz (watermelon stone). That's it for now...there's a couple more stones I want to buy though. Last night, I put in "amber beads" in my search, and up came these beautiful amber beads. I clicked on them to get a closer look, they had ANTS in them!!! Yes...ants!! I was so grossed out! who would wear that?! would you? I felt sorry for the ants. poor ants. I hate ants, and I'm sure there's an abundance of them...but I wouldn't wear them! yuck. THough...I liked the ones with bees in the middle though..couldn't tell you why...maybe because they look less like a spider than an ant does.

Anyways....Yay!! At this moment, my life doesn't seem so desert like. I think it's all the shopping I've done, and hopefully in the end I'll make more money!!

No comments: