Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I've got a pocket full of sunshine...


Just for fun I thought I would record the list of songs of what I listen to. Well, on Saturday, I was home and was listening to my satelite radio. I love it. I don't think I can live without it - just like my cellphone. (kind of) They play the best music, and I'm always hearing groups that I have never heard of before - especially on the Pulse. The Pulse plays the 90's and now - which is just perfect. Sometimes they will play some thing that just pulls me back 11 years. I don't know why, but Hootie and Blowfish, U2 and Alannis Morrisette takes me back to summer of 1996- The summer after I had my first boyfriend, we broke up after three months (Feb - Apr)( he said that he had a one night stand with some girl he worked with and he felt guilty. I think he was jealous that I was better friends with his best friend than I was with him. I was friends with his best friend first - I couldn't stop being his friend. jerk who knows). But he still wanted to be friends....What is that?!


Anyways, I was free, and living in the most gorgeous place! The Niagara peninsula was always sunny, and consistenly above 30 degrees for the whole summer. It was even up to 37-39 for like a whole week! My friends Kim, Dana, and I would run between each others apartments. They kept me busy, which was good, because it turned out that HE moved to town to go to school for the fall, and he moved into our apartment building also! I tried to be "friends", he made supper for me one night - shake and bake and mashed potatoes made from potato flakes. But it was awkward, and after that I stayed away and just stuck with my girls.
Canada Day was the best. You could look off the balcony of our 8th floor apartment that looked over Lake Ontario, and you could see fireworks shooting up here and there. It was so cool. I did lots of swimming at the public pool - they have outdoor pools there because it's so warm, go sunbathing with mom on the beaches of Lake Ontario or just hid in the basement of the library just a block away. I borrowed so many tapes from that library. Fell in love with guitar concertos, classical piano, and Vivaldi. My friends didn't listen to "secular" music, so i wasn't able to talk to them about music - only if it was Christian. If I told anyone that listened to Alannis ..oh my. Brian was the same. He said that one of his friends had a heart to heart with him about his CD collection. haha
I met brian at the very end of summer. I volunteered to be a camp counsellor for the annual kid's camp at the church, and I was counsellor for the 10-12 girls. It was fun. One night the girls and I went to prank the boys cabin, but apparently Jack Morrisette (husband to Mary who ran all of Superchurch) was sitting on his porch in the dark and watched us do everything. He laughed at my "sniper outfit"...apparently I wore white shorts. (i don't remember, but Brian will never let me forget) LIKE YOU COULD SEE THEM IN THE DARK!!


Brian was counsellor of the little boys- 6-8 years. He was so good with them. I took notice. He was good with all the kids, he actually enjoyed them. I found that to be very attractive - seeing as I was going to have 5 kids and they were all going to be boys. HA HA. The week was over, and he asked me out when we got home, but I told him that I didn't want to date till the end of school. That only lasted about...6 months. Which is probably good, if I would have waited longer, we might have been something. I ended up moving back to BC, and told him that we had to break up, because I wasn't going to do the long distance thing. Especially after my OHHH so wonderful experience with my first boyfriend, I wasn't going to do that again.
Brian had a better idea, that he would move. I told him that he didn't have to, and that I wasn't going to ask him or pressure him - it was his decision. His mom said for the longest time, that I made him, and that I took her boy away from her, but nope, it was all him. I left in August and he followed a few months later, and the night he got into Prince George, he proposed. I said yes and the rest was history....kind of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just Me said...

You could live without ur cellphone...you hardly ever have!

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

true...very true. But...knowing that it's there is comforting to me - especially when I go on crazy adventures, I want to be able to phone someone to come and rescue me.