Sunday, March 08, 2009

Goodwill goodies!!!

Today was my day to make a trip to Goodwill. I always dump a couple boxes, and come home with a small bag - usually books. I found out about Goodwill for cheap books a couple years ago. I went in with the girls when they were little, and found every book that I wanted to buy at Indigo for $2!! It used to be $1 for softcover and $2 for hardcover, but they now have raised it to $2.49 for soft and $4 for hardcover...which is STILL really good.

I've been collecting Barbara Kingsolver books...I think I almost have them all. She is the author of my favorite book - Poisonwood Bible. I lent it to my friend Rebecca..wow 8 years ago, when she was in the hospital after she had her 2nd baby (she now has 5 - two girls 3 boys). Sheldon her husband read - really liked it I might add, and I haven't seen it since. I gave up on ever seeing it again, and today while I was at Goodwill I saw it!! They also had another book of her's that I don't have - Summer Prodigal. One of her newest books.

I really wish that I was a faster reader, I would probably read more. For instance, I would read all things Jane Austin, the complete works of Lucy Maud Montgomery, War and Peace ( I know!!! You have to be a fast reader to keep you motivated for this one!), Anna Karenina, Lord of the Rings (I've tried to read this twice!! Can't get past the first two pages!!). I might even have courage to read authors that people don't recommend - maybe be more adventurous with my reading. But I just stick to easy reads like,magazines, Nanny Diaries, Series of Unfortunate Events, Confessions of a Shopaholic (I'm reading this now. Scary how much I identify with the main character Rebecca Bloomwood...eek), and DK travel guides - I have Ireland and New York. I hope to get more they are very educational :)

Teresa has the entire Harry Potter Series and has offered to let me read them. That will not be hard for me. I borrowed the first book from the library and started to read it to Haley and Emily, but they didn't quite get into it. I however read it for a little while after they went to bed and really liked it. I only have until August - that's when she plans to move to Calgary. So I better get on it- we'll see.

No comments: