Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm definitely no Monet!


Last night I stayed up till 2am painting a picture! I finally had a chance to do something OTHER than housework, because I delegated (went psycho on) some of the housework out to Brian, and he in turn delegated some of the housework to Haley. Basically they cleaned up the kitchen, and I tidied the second floor. So for once in a LONG time, my house looked good. I'm thinking I need to delegate a little bit more.

So I was really tired from having my massage, and my bedtime is usually 9pm when I'm getting up at 6am to work, BUUUUT I didn't have to work tomorrow. So I thought...whatever! I'm doin' this! I haven't done an oil painting since my last year of high school - about 15 years ago....wow. Is it really that long ago? Oh my...........ugh.

K..I'm back. My mom taught me oil painting, and I entered them in contests. I won first for all of them. And this year I got some money from Brian's mom for Christmas, so I bought a set of oil paints with it.

I was sure that as soon as I put my brush to the canvas that everything would come back to me. Nooope. In fact, I almost panicked, because it seemed like everything I tried to do was just not coming out the way I pictured it would. I'm not used to this. I have a great memory, and it's so weird for me not to remember something. I usually remember things and details that people don't. (Except if it's detailed instructions...I don't know why, but I can't remember that.)

I was ready to give up, but I'm glad I didn't, but I don't think I'm the best oil painter anymore though. I think I'm way better at watercolor, and colored pencil drawings now. But I'm not going to stop. The only reason I started doing pencil drawings is cuz it's cheap and it was all I had for the longest time. I had visions of painting huge oil painting that cover a whole wall, but now....I'm not so sure. I have to keep practicing with the small canvas, before I fork out the money to buy a Huge canvas. They aren't cheap!!


Anyways, I'll post the painting when I'm done. I'm sure it will look good if you don't see the photograph that inspired it. peace out x

No comments: