Friday, March 06, 2009

snow bunny

I went skiing yesterday with Haley's class. I've haven't gone skiing in like 12 years!!! I don't even own a pair of snowpants!! Luckily Teresa had a pair. I was kinda nervous. I've had some pretty bad experiences. Tow bar mishaps, going down the wrong path and ending up at a black diamond run, and some crazy snow conditions- Skiing in slush, ice, icy snow...lots of powder. I went down the bunny hill with Haley a couple times, and the second time down, it came back to me :) and I went down a slightly bigger hill, and that wasn't fast enough, so i took the chairlift up and went down the big hill. It was soo nice. I didn't fall once!

I learned to ski at Powder King in BC. It's so beautiful there! It's a great ski hill, the beginner runs though are pretty steep. I can't believe that's what I learned on! Edmonton only has a small bunny hill - great for practicing, and learning. I was looking at the hill and imagining Powder King or even Tabor Mountain in Prince George which are like 5 & 10 times bigger.

Teresa teaches lessons at the ski hill, so when she was done her lesson we did a couple runs together. It was so much fun. I now have a couple of skiing buddies. Cindy- another mom that I get into lots of trouble with, was there two and we skiied most of the day together. I think I won't have too much trouble finding people to go skiing with..I would even go by myself. I don't mind.

No comments: