Thursday, March 19, 2009

Taking care of me


I woke up this morning, and I had a pain shooting down my arm!! A couple weeks ago, I wanted to see if I could do the "Jackknife". An advanced pilates move where you put your feet in the air and only use our arms and core for support. The only thing is, it is really easy to put all your weight on your neck. So I was really reluctant to try it. So I tried one - it was good! I was so excited! Then I tried again, success!! I was feeling so good about myself. I was only supposed to do 2 for the advanced workout, but I was feeling a little cocky. I haven't done this for like 4 years! So I thought..I'm going to do this again. I swung my feet over my head, then went to lift them up, and ohhh no! I started to lose balance! So I quickly dropped down, but it was a little too quick and I knew immediately that I had hurt something. It wasn't bad at first. I thought that maybe I could stretch it out, or maybe my back was out cuz I could put it back in. But after 2 weeks still didn't go away. I kept meaning to get a massage, but it was bearable. I even did my upper body workout at the gym. (That probably added to it though..eeek)

So when I woke up this morning and was so tense, I thought, "oh no I really need to get this taken care of!" So I was going to go to the spa where I usually get my massages, but then they are so expensive and Brian's benefits only cover $50 and their massages are $90!!!! And they aren't always that good. I have a good story about that. Last year, Brian's sister came to visit and wanted to get a massage, and asked if I wanted to come. So I said sure. They booked us as a couples massage! That didn't bother me...just weird being naked in the same room as my sister in law. And halfway through, they asked us if it was our first time having a couples massage! ha ha LIke we were a couple....oh my.

Well, I remembered that my friend Vlad from church has a massage therapy school- actually his mother teaches the classes, he runs it. Anyways, he said I should stop by sometime. I got a graduate to work on me. She was really good! I think the best massage I've had...but I say that everytime. When I was in Mexico, brian and I had a massage on the beach, and thought the same thing then. Though he did this reflexology thing on my hands...oh my! I'm trying to keep this G rated....but there is spot on my hand. Brian and I found it one night during supper at Applebee's. We were sitting across from each other, and he massaged it and WOW!! I wasn't very hungry anymore ;) it was crazy. How did I get from pilates to this?!!!


Anyways..I booked another appointment for next week. I thought for that price, I could afford to go!! yay!

No comments: