Thursday, February 05, 2009

Stir crazy...






I have to say that I am getting a little stir-crazy with all this time off. When I clocked out, one of the girls asked what I'm going to do with my day, and I thought,"I don't know!!" When I'm busy, I'm always dreaming about what I'm going to do with my spare time, but when it comes I rarely take the opportunities to just drop everything and just do it.

So I got in my van and was going to go to Starbucks, but I saw that I packed my gym clothes. PHew!! that will kill an hour and a half! So that's what I did, went to the gym. I'm pleased to announced that I went up in weight on the pull-up machine. I'm lifting 71 lbs. everytime I do a pull-up!! (unless I've lost some weight, it could be less. I haven't weighed myself in a week.) That's crazy!! This time I skipped all the songs on the playlist and just listened to "Let's Get Rocked" 3 times, and "Ave Maria" by Pink once, and I was finished my 20 minutes of pull-ups, push-ups and sit-ups. The time is starting to go by really fast now - especially on the ellipticals. Last time, I was running, running and then glanced down at the screen- 20 minutes had gone by!! It's quite an improvement for me.

I then stopped by Starbucks on the way home. Brian bought me a gift card from there for Christmas, so I could have Starbucks on my lunch breaks, there's a couple walking distance from where I work, but alas...no lunch breaks. Anyways, I had a Java Chip Frappacino. I thought I would mix it up a little, because I always either get a London Fog or a White Mocha Cafe Americano misto- try saying that 10 times fast!!
Came home and watched a movie! We have the movie channels free for three months, because we switched from Telus to Shaw, and I don't really check to see if there's any movies on. Well, there happened to be a good one "Catch and Release". My sister thinks that I look like Jennifer Garner. I can kind of see the similarities, - cheek bones, lips, dimple, but that's about it.


I then picked up Ally from school, and I decided on spur of the moment, that we would go for a walk. It was sunny, it was warm, and there was still snow on the ground! Every winter, I talk about going for a winter walk to take pictures and spring comes and I realized that I missed it! So I gave ally, my little Canon A650 and I had my new Nikon (eekk!!) and we went walking. I went down the bike path by our house out to what I used to call the green space. It's wide open and used to be the end of the city. I'm so sad, because when I'd go there, it was like I lived in the country - wide open field. If the wind was blowing north, you could smell the pungent smell of farms and manure. Now, there's a freeway, and a whole new subdivision! I found the perfect little pine cone on the path, and this picture made my whole day. I think I'm hooked! I want to go out today and take pictures! There are so many cool spots that I've found while walking downtown. We have China town, International Ave, and lots of cool old buildings with great architecture. I also love grafitti and brick walls. I don't know if I'll make it downtown today, but I have a feeling that it will be soon. I feel quite alive when I'm taking pictures.

No comments: