Friday, February 06, 2009

Twenty-something things about me...Part II.







I did one of these on facebook, but was recently tagged ...again! I was happy, because there is so much more that I could tell. Ok, here is how it works, you tell 25 things about yourself and send the note to 25 friends, and they in turn have to tell 25 things about themselves. Kind of like a one-sided 20 questions game. ok...brace yourselves.

1. I have taken a lie detector test, and failed. (ironically, i WAS telling the truth)
2. I LOVE the blend of electric guitar and piano/synth. ie: evanescence, linkin park, some of the new hillsongs music!! (With Everything!!!!), the Killers, Maroon 5, Coldplay!!!
3. The sound of accoustic guitar thrills me....(sigh)
4. My fingerprints are in the "system". Seriously, they are!
5. I've wrestled with a bear cub.
6. I used to have a cleaning OCD, but then Ally came along, and I gave up.
7. Bridget and I used to balance under the Simon Frasier Bridge for fun. aaaahhh! I know!!! We also used to balance on top of my fence also.
8. I hyperventilate from spiders. I used to from wasps, but I'm ok now.
9. If I could have a superpower, it would first be to fly, then be able to breathe under water.
10. So far, Irish accents are my fav. I also like South African.


11. I love bacon so much, that I don't buy it. The same goes for chocolate (gooooood chocolate, and brie). I'm scared of where my lack of self-control will take me!!

12. I wrote a song for my dad, because I wanted to him to feel the way he makes me feel everytime he sings the song he wrote for me when I was a baby. No kidding, I hear the first couple notes of the intro and I'm done. I recorded my song for him, and it worked. He now cries whenever he hears my song. :)

13. I have the most amazing support system. Seriously, my friends are the best. They know how to encourage me, and just the right things to say.

14. I wish I had all the answers. I hurts me to hear painful stories and not able to fix them.

15. I love pizza so much that I learned how to make it from scratch. My favorite toppings are feta, sundried tomatoes, spinach, olives and/or capers. The worst I tried was at my cousins place. He's a cardiologist and thought he would make a "healthy" pizza with salmon and cheese. disgusting.

16. I was beaten at tic-tac-toe by a guy who was in a wheelchair and couldn't speak. I thought for sure he was mentally handicapped, nope, his brain was very much intact. (bad car accident)

17. I've been called the Anti-Christ! Remember that Sarah?! haha!

18. The Poisonwood Bible is my favorite book...so far. I haven't found one better - though I read slow, so I haven't finished too many books.

19. I have an idea for a children's adventure book set in World War II.

20. I finally think it's ok to cry. For alot of my life, I would be mad at myself for showing genuine emotion, now I don't hold back. Which sets me up for heartbreak, but oh well.

21. Brian is my prince. WE have the same size feet, and same size hands. When I went to Mongolia, our interpretors had the same size feet and would share shoes. At the time I thought that was so sweet, and romantic. I realized this fact the other day, and thought..."yuck! I would never share shoes with brian! " But it does have it's advantages.

22. I love to mountain bike! I love to ride on rough trails, and steep hills. very exciting.

23. I want to get certified for scuba diving and hopefully go cave diving on our next trip to Mexico. Cenotes are incredible!!

24. My sister is my best friend. I can tell her anything & EVERYTHING.

25. I have a "bro-mance" with Teresa. We are so huggy and cuddly when we haven't seen each other in a while. It's the only way I can describe it. She knows my deepest, and darkest secrets also, and is still here! She completes me. ha ha




and wait...there's more! (Don't you hate when they say that on infomercials?!!!)


26. I love to go out for breakfast! Sunday brunch...mmmmmm.

27. I love to go out for supper at a real good restaurant, that uses quality ingredients. I think the best I've been so far is Hotel MacDonald, and a hotel that my dad took us to when I was 12 in Vancouver, right on the water, by Stanley Park. He let me get a seafood fondue!! My mom was livid!

28. I love to play video games. I've beaten Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero II (medium level), Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Super Paper Mario.

29. I can't write anymore...I have to go to bed. good night.



2 comments:

Just Me said...

speaking of the song for Dad, are you going to put that one here too?

lyndsey greenhalgh said...

hmmmmm....I don't remember it. I gave the only copy that I had of the lyrics to him. I bet if I heard it again I would remember it.