Sunday, February 01, 2009

Today was church day. I always feel so good when I leave. It truly is a "spa for the soul". From the worship to every person that I talk to, I always leave refreshed and happier. Today I was there early, because I was on the worship team today. We had a great practice and finished early. I was wandering in the empty foyer, and happened to hear the cappacino machine whistling. So I hopped right into the multi-purpose room hoping to score a free coffee. And I did...yay!! Anyways, as I was walking around with my coffee, and a group of people just came in from being dropped off from one of the buses. I greeted each one of them, and one lady stopped to talk to me. She's actually someone that I must have had a deep talk with before, because she had asked me if I got the piano I wanted. I was able to tell her that yes, God had provided a beautiful fullsize electric piano for me, by way of my mother. And then she told me about her prayer journal, and how she knew which prayers were answered because she kept track of praying them. Which totally reminded me of a journal that I had just found a couple of weeks ago.
This was not a prayer journal - in fact sad to say, my spiritual life was almost non-existent at that time. Brian and I were going through some really tough times, and I didn't tell anyone how far gone we really were, but I still went to church because I knew somewhere deep down that I needed to go. Anyways, I wrote in there somethings that we needed for the house, some of wishes and dreams - one being a new van with A/C. Our last van, we ran it almost right into the ground. The transmission blew, and we had to get a new engine. The thermostat also was shot, so it would warm up, but when you started going, the heat would shut off. I remember we took a trip to PG after Christmas, and had to be so bundled up. I think I got a chill and I was wearing my winter jacket and a polar fleece hoodie underneath!! It was horrible!! I also, talked about wanting a new washer and dryer, and how with my old one, I had like 12 small loads to do every week and that was when everyone was healthy!!! It took so long! I wanted my basement finished, because everything got ruined when we had the floods in the summer of 2005. Anyways, as I was reading it, everything that I had written -except for the new house was taken care of!! I have a beautiful high capacity washer and dryer - still the same amount of laundry though :( And last summer, I was blessed with a beautiful gold Grand Caravan with AIR CONDITIONING!!
I'm saying all this to just say, that alot of my stuff I've had for a few years now, and forgot what it was like to be without them. I've actually become quite comfortable with all my "things" I have to say. It made me very aware, of how much I have, how much I have to be thankful for, and that my quick, heartfelt prayers were heard. And also, to not stop believing for my dream house
- (StrathconaSG) or of course one very similar. Hope this encourages you.

No comments: